To honour International Fragrance and International Happiness Day this month…we thought we’d share some SCENTsational Fun Facts!
- We are 100% more likely to remember something we smell, than something we see, hear, touch or taste.
- Additonal scent marketing research shows that there is a 40% improvement in mood after being exposed to pleasant scents.
- Smell is subjective, yet a survey found that 85% of all people remembered their childhood when they caught the smell of Crayola crayons and the newer-scented coloured pens.
- Early Developer
The sense of smell is the first of all our senses to develop. Even before we are born, our sense of smell is fully formed and functioning.
- Your sense of smell accounts for 75-95% of the impact flavor has.
- Smell is the most sensitive of the senses. People can remember smells with 65% accuracy after a year, while visual recall is about 50% after three months.
- A New Nose
You can smell as fresh as a daisy every month and your scent cells are renewed every 28 days, so every four weeks you get a new nose.
- Studies show that 75% of emotions are triggered by smell which is linked to pleasure, well-being, emotion and memory
- The human nose has roughly 400 types of scent receptors that can at least detect 1 trillion different odours.
www.mirror.co.uk: 20 Fascinating facts about our sense of smell
www.us.moodmedia.com Scent Marketing Research
With everything the world is going through, it’s even more important to appreciate the smaller things in our day to day life. Diverting our attention to the things that fill us up, bring joy to the day; taking the time to smell the roses, as they say.
Discover how our Mood Essentials™ fragrances help you feel good using scent and re-connect to your true self in moments when you need it in link below: